304 replies to this topic

#1 mbracht

mbracht

Believing God for Miracles in Marriages

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:37 AM

The Word Is Nigh Thee

Did you know that you could prophesy over your own body? God says in the Bible that the tongue is the most powerful in the body. We can choose life or death with it. The word is nigh thee, even in your mouth.

God tells us to choose life! If we donít see what we like happening in our body, we can change it and/or the circumstances around us. What we create with our words and thoughts, we can also change.

In Deuteronomy the scripture talks about the life of Moses. It says that his eyesight was not dim and his strength was not abated. I knew that if it was good for him, it was better for me because we live under a better covenant with God.

So, I began to prophesy over my body. I prophesy over my skin that it is tight and without wrinkle. I prophesy over every hair. I prophesy over every organ and tissue in my body. I prophesy over my eyes. I prophesy over my mind. I prophesy over my bones. I prophesy over my DNA. I prophesy over every drop of blood I have. I prophesy and call life to come forth out of my womb. I prophesy and I call it all into the life of Jesus Christ and I say you will align, and you will be whole, and you will re-arrange and change everything that has decided to go in the other direction!! I decree and declare it in Jesus Name. Amen.

P.S. Donít forget to thank your body for co-operating with Godís Word. Begin to thank your body for receiving Godís healing power and you will be amazed at what happens.

#2 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

HOW TO HEAR GOD’S VOICE

Every one of us when we are born again wants to hear the Voice of God. We hear others talk about it, but no one ever really sat me down and taught me. When I was a new Christian I would pray to God to send me someone who would teach me how to hear His voice because I so desperately wanted to hear and do whatever He wanted me to do. God answered my prayer quickly.

I first saw this lady on a Christian television station and her name is Linda Markowitz. I never met her personally, but she taught me so much about hearing God’s voice that I wanted to share it with you.

You have to have blind faith that you can hear from God. You have to say “I CAN HEAR GOD. HE SPEAKS TO ME AND I CAN HEAR HIM. I HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.” “By Faith I believe I hear God.” You say that even though you may have never heard the Holy Spirit before. There are no disadvantaged children in the Kingdom of God and there are no favorites either.

Scripture tells us that the Holy Spirit is the voice of God and the voice of Jesus. They are a triune being, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Power of God. He is also our Helper. When Jesus went away He told His disciples that the Comforter would come and He would be our Helper. It is, therefore, the Holy Spirit who will carry God’s voice that you will hear.

After you pray and make your requests known to God, then be quiet and wait on the Holy Spirit to bring you a word from Heaven. It would be a good idea to have a Journal to write down what you hear God say. Once you get a thought from God, the enemy will be quick to convince you that you did NOT hear God. He will tell you how wrong you are. I promise you that. But, always remember this – The Lord will NEVER let anyone speak BEFORE Him. In other words, what you hear first will be from God and everything else is either yourself talking or your enemy.

This devotional will be continued tomorrow.

#3 JoelandKathy

JoelandKathy

Founders and Authors - Husband and Wife, Parents, Friends, Past

• Administrators
  • 6,808 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Florida

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

According to Ephesians 1, it is God's pleasure to poor his grace out upon us - forgiveness of sins, favor, every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.

We are seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus right now.

It is His good pleasure that he pours his grace out upon us.

We are the apple of his eye.

Bask in that. Bask in his love.

Sit back and realize, imagine, be aware of and sense that God's love fills you, surrrounds you, envelopes you.

Know that it is HIS good pleasure to pour his grace, mercy, love and forgiveness out upon you.

Let God have pleasure today! Accept his love, his grace, his acceptance of you.

As you accept his love, his grace, his acceptance, let that purge anything out of your heart and life that is not representative of Him and his love and grace.

While you are at it, realize that "God takes pleasure in the prosperity of his servants". Offer yourself to God as a "candidate" for him to prosper. I want God to take pleasure in pouring grace, favor, love and prosperity out upon me and upon every one who is reading this.

In Zepheniah 3:17 (I believe that is the address) - God says that He sings over us with joy and that He rejoices over us with singing.

Picture GOD taking pleasure in YOU today.

Feel Him, sense Him, imagine him rejoicing over you, taking joy in you, having pleasure as he pours His grace, love and prosperity out upon you.

Enjoy your Father God today!

#4 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Continued from yesterdayís teaching - Hearing God's Voice:

When the doubting voices come in your head, your enemy wonít play fair either. He will send your husband, your brother, or a friend to tell you, ďYou didnít hear from GodĒ. That is when you need to be strong! Say, I hear from God!

Will you get it wrong sometimes? Yes, I promise you, you will get it wrong. But, God loves you and Heís merciful, and Heís just like every loving father. When your children were learning to walk, you didnít just stand there when they fell, you went over and picked them up and loved them and told them how proud you were of them and you allowed them to take 2 more steps before they fell down again. God does the same thing. God will help you. If you do make an error, the Holy Spirit will turn it around for your good BEFORE you end up in destruction. That is a promise of the Spirit.

The #1 way the Holy Spirit speaks to you is through the Word of God, the Bible. If you are not reading the Bible, if you are not putting scripture in, you do not have the capability to fine tune this gift of hearing God. There is no short cut. You must read the scriptures. The Bible is your standard and your judge. When you hear voices that speak to you, you will be able to judge righteous words from unrighteous words. How? Because you know the Truth.

Now, most of us here would not fall for blatant traps of the devil like Ė if you heard a voice that said to you to go over to your local grocery store and slip a few steaks up under your shirt and that will give you food for the week. Iím sure that none of us would fall for that one because we all know that that was not God. Why? Because that is stealing and that is a sin. The spoken Word of God (the bible) is never going to contradict what you hear. The enemy is not quite that blatant when he comes to you. He will come with a little mixture Ė sort of what he did with Eve. What he said to Eve was just a little off, but it cost Eve a great price. You must know the Word of God too. So, you must accept by faith that you can hear God and you must be rooted in the Word of God.

I will continue the teaching tomorrow. I pray this is helping you.

#5 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

CAN YOU HEAR FROM GOD?

Continued from yesterday:

So, what have we learned so far?
A. That the starting place for all of us to hear the voice of God is to believe that we can. It is a walk of faith.
B. We learned that the Holy Spirit lives within us.
C. He is an internal force and we should not rely on external forces to lead our lives.
D. We have the ability to hear God. We already have it.
E. The #1 way the Holy Spirit talks to us is by the Word of God.
F. We judge what we heard by the Word of God, the Bible.

The next thing you need to develop in your walk with the Holy Spirit is your ability to listen, to be able to discern His voice from everyone elseís. I listen and I record in journals what the Holy Spirit says. A lot of voices are coming and you need to be able to hear the Holy Spirit and you only hear that by practice. So, spending time in the Word and time in silence, letting the voice of God speak to you, is very important to you. You must hear Ė quietly.

What other voices might you hear?
The biggest mouth you are going to hear is your own voice. So, lets say that you have a request out before the Lord such as you want to buy a car and you want to know which one to buy. I have already been out shopping and I have already picked it out. I know the color, the make, what it looks like, etc. All I am waiting on is the Holy Spiritís answer as to should I buy it or not. So, what do I hear Ė you can have that car. Is that the Holy Spirit? No, it is probably your flesh talking to you because you want that car so badly. The blessing of the Lord adds no sorrow to it and if you buy that car, without the leading of the Holy Spirit, you might have a whole lot of sorrow with it.

Here is what you do. Pray about it before you ever go out and shop for the car. Get the leading of the Spirit first, and then go shopping. You develop this relationship with the Holy Spirit so that when your voice speaks it doesnít speak to you first.

What other voice may you hear? You may hear from the dark realm. Devils talk. You may be sharing your concerns with someone else and you may hear out of their mouth opinions that are not of God. If you follow the opinions of man and not the leading of the Holy Spirit, you may end up in the same place that you did when you followed your own voice. You need to be so fine tuned to the leading of the Holy Spirit that you do what He says when He says it, without delay.

Tomorrow I will teach you how the Holy Spirit will speak and how you will know it is Him for sure.

#6 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Continued from yesterday:

The Holy Spirit speaks to us in a multitude of ways:
#1 through the Word of God,
#2 through dreams (specifically in the book of Daniel, God gives instruction. How do you know the dream is from God? If the dream does not leave you and you remember every detail.)
#3 through visions (in Acts 16 Paul is guided to Macedonia by a vision. Most visions are by impressions, but you can have one as if it were a movie playing before you.)
#4 through a still small voice
#5 through the ministry gifts Ė the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the pastor, the teacher
#6 through music
#7 through the inner witness Ė this done when all looks good in a situation, but you have something tugging at you that puts a check in your spirit not to do it.
#8 through the environment.

Remember, the Holy Spirit is internal, not external. If you are leaning on your natural senses, you will make a mistake. You will not be led by the Holy Spirit.

In the days ahead, you will need to train yourself to ask God about everything. There is nothing too petty to ask the Lord. You need a parking place at the mall, which tooth paste to buy, what is the best way to get to your destination. Just ask Him. Just donít stand there and say Ė well, this one is cheaper or this one is bad. Donít let your head get a vote. Ask the Holy Spirit.

If you ask about the little things and you see how faithful He is, you wonít have any problem growing into the deeper things of God where you can only hear the voice of the Spirit in order to be successful. We must by leading of the Holy Spirit be able to hear and do, yield and go. In the Lord, the process is always the same. You believe it, you apprehend it, and you act upon it. Over and over again the Holy Spirit will prove Himself faithful to you, to make your life so much better than it is right now. No matter where you are in God, it can get so much better.

In the Name of Jesus, I bless you and I say that you have ears to hear and that you are led by the Spirit of the Living God. Amen

#7 PlansForHope

PlansForHope

Helper

• Members
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

Marsha,
Thanks for the encouraging postings! I appreciate you taking the time to bless everyone on this forum with daily reminders of God's love for us! God bless you this week (and always) with His gifts of love; peace; joy; and hope!

#8 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

Faith

I canít believe faith and fear
At the same time.
Today, I choose faith!

We all have fears, but we can't let them rule our lives. When fear had come upon me and the enemy would talk to me and tell me that my life was never going to be any different, I didn't know how to reject those words. And those words would keep playing over and over in my head until I began to believe them.

God brought a wonderful lady into my life that taught me how to use the word of God against my enemy. I began to learn scripture. I would put them on 4x6 cards so that I would have lots of room to write. I put the cards up in my car, on my refrig., in my bathroom, or just anywhere that I thought I could look up and see them. This worked wonders in my life. When I heard those negative thoughts come against me, I would speak out loud the scriptures that I had learned.

About 6 years ago, Elizabeth came into my life and taught me about Affirmative Prayers and how they worked in her life to change her and her circumstances. All of her affirmative prayers were all based on Biblical scriptures, but she put them in her own words. Same meaning, but not so legalistic as I had been taught. I began to use her Affirmative prayers and to my surprise, they worked just as well if not better than my way. Now I too have learned how to use Affirmative Prayers in my daily life. How about you?

#9 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

Power of Holy Communion

I Cor 11:27-30 states ďtherefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lordís body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.

When I was a new Christian and read that verse, it would upset me because I did not want to have judgment come upon me. This verse came up every time we had Holy Communion. It was believed in my church and in other churches that this meant I needed to confess all my sins.

How foolish I was to think that, because, I knew in my heart that Jesus came to forgive me of all my sins at the Cross. Now, I recently learned from Joseph Prince by listening to his program, that the verse was talking about ďthe manner in which we partake unworthilyĒ. If we partake unworthily is not about failing to confess all of our sins. It is about discerning the Lordís body and releasing faith to see the bread as His body, striped for your healing and the wine as the blood that was shed for the forgiveness of ALL your sins. His blood bought us His Righteousness. This combination is Godís divine health and wholeness plan for us. He never planned for us to be sick, poor, broken, barren, discouraged or in depression. Jesus came so that we could have LIFE and have it MORE ABUNDANTLY.

The Bible tells us that we can have Holy Communion as often as we want. Most of us wait until church has it once a month or quarterly, whenever. We can have it daily if we want to. AND we can do it in our homes with our families or we can do it alone. Why arenít we? Jesus promised us LIFE and God told us to choose LIFE, yet we donít.

I encourage each one of us to take Holy Communion at least once every day or even 3 times a day, if necessary, to make our bodies whole and to walk in Divine Health. After you partake of the elements, I suggest that you speak life into your body, nothing missing nothing broken, every cell, organ, hormones, tissue, blood cells, the DNA, and (for the ladies) our wombs to bring forth life - I prophesy you will re-arrange and change everything that has decided to go in the other direction. I call it all into the life of Jesus Christ. I decree and declare it in Jesus Name. Amen.

#10 Aslan's Child

Aslan's Child

• Members
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

If I do Holy Communion at home, where do I get the bread and the wine? Can it be any bread and wine, or do we get it from somewhere special? I like the idea of doing communion every day. It sounds like something special to share with our Lord.

#11 mathetes

mathetes

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

I believe a lot of the chain Christian bookstores sell little kits that have the cup, drink, and wafer, individually prewrapped. They are sold in packages of 100 or so. Family Christian bookstores or similar. I would say that it doesn't have to be 'special' bread or wine, other than that it has been blessed for and set separate and apart (made Holy) for the use of communion. Of course, I don't personally believe that one needs to buy the 'pre-blessed' bottles of anointing oil either, I believe that grocery store olive oil can be bought, blessed, and made Holy for a specific purpose. These are just my opinions, but I believe God honors our hearts more than labels on these kinds of things. Others may disagree.

If I do Holy Communion at home, where do I get the bread and the wine? Can it be any bread and wine, or do we get it from somewhere special? I like the idea of doing communion every day. It sounds like something special to share with our Lord.

#12 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

You're absolutely right. It's your heart that God looks at. I believe also that you can use regular bread or a soda cracker and water, if necessary. I know that there are Pastors who may disagree with that and try to put you back under the law, but we are living under GRACE. Jesus said to do this in rememberance of Him and that to me is what is important to God -- that we remember what His Son did for us. He paid the price for our sins (our righteousness) and healing.

Blessings.

#13 Aslan's Child

Aslan's Child

• Members
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:49 AM

Thank you!

#14 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Not in My House

With all the negative things that are happening around us and the negative reports coming from the media, it is no surprise to me that Christians are getting depressed and have lost hope in their futures. This is not the way our God wants us to live. Our joy is being sucked right out of us. Even in our daily lives, it seems like every time you turn around there is something going wrong or a negative report is being heard.

God says, Enough! My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. So, God has been dropping little nuggets into my life and I have been putting them to use. Oh, yes I have! And they work, too! I want to share a couple of them with you. They will help you as well.

God said that anytime I get an evil report or hear negative words coming from the media -- I am to say, NOT IN MY HOUSE AND WHAT WOULD GOD SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!

When I heard a newscast a couple of nights ago, the reporter was talking about the economy and how bad things were and how many people had lost jobs - I said out loud, in my own living room: WHAT WOULD GOD SAY ABOUT THAT! Then, I would recall in my mind what I knew in my heart was the prophetic word that God has said - we would have a quick recovery and that this Christmas would be the best Christmas we have had in a long time.

The other day, I had lunch with a friend and she was telling me that everyone in her house had the flu and she was so afraid that it would be the swine flu. I told her - NOT IN MY HOUSE! Again, I would remember God's word - that we are healed and walk in perfect health as Christ was perfect. No one in my house has even had a sore throat.

Now, it is time for you to put His word into practice too. The more people who come into agreement with God's word and speak His word, the greater the power to change the world back into His kingdom on this earth and to limit or bring to ZERO the power of the media. Stop letting them prophesy your future.

Blessings to all.

#15 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Godís Fascination

We all pray to God to do something for us in our lives. We may ask Him to come to our aid in a crisis, to heal us, to help us, to give us something, and the list goes on. Yet, the Bible tells us that if we want God to move, we must first move. I often wondered about that scripture. To myself, I would think, I am doing something Iím asking. But, that is not at all what God is talking about.

God hates us to be stagnant. He wants us to be always moving forward. God tells us in the Bible that we are not to look back, but to move forward. God is a God of motion. He is always moving forward.

God induces motion into us the moment we are born. From that time on, we are learning, becoming aware of our environment, and looking to the future. God also placed creativity into us as well. But, as the years go by we lose our precious creativity, our imagination, if you will.

The Bible says that without prophetic revelation (hope) My people become motionless, stagnate, canít move and then perish. In other words, we become dull and boring. We take things for granted. Have you ever done that?

God wants to put motion back into our lives. He wants to breathe on His people. God loves spontaneity. He loves ďsuddenlyĒ. He loves surprises.

Did you know that God is fascinated with us? We need to be fascinated with Him? It is so simple. We show God that we are moving by our faith. By our praise. By our attitude of gratitude. All three of these are motions.

There is something that I have just learned from God. Not only is God tired of us repenting all the time (we should know by now that Jesus died for our sins past, present, and future), but He wants us to stop quoting others. I was using Bible scripture to praise God and He said, why are you doing that? I was stunned and for once was at a loss for words. I said that it was a Bible verse from the Psalms. God said that was fine for David, but youíre not David. From that day on, I have used my own creative words to praise, to congratulate, to worship, and to thank God for what He has done for me. I have even sung songs to Him that has come up out of my spirit entirely created by the Holy Spirit. Try dancing before the Lord too. It is a wonderful way to express your love and devotion to Him. These things move the hand of God.

#16 JoelandKathy

JoelandKathy

Founders and Authors - Husband and Wife, Parents, Friends, Past

• Administrators
  • 6,808 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Florida

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Very nice, Marsha.

Here is something we received today.

Verse: Ezekiel 36:11

And I will cause you to be inhabited according to your former estate and I will do better for you than at your beginnings; and you shall know, understand, and realise that I am the Lord.

- With God, the best still lies ahead.
- God is a God of restoration.
- God's desire is to do even more for you than He ever did before.
- All this, so that we will realise that He is our God.

PRAYER: Lord, I am expecting great things from You. You have declared that You will do better for me than at my beginnings and I claim this promise for my life. Amen.

#17 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

NOT IN MY HOUSE!

Shortly after God had given me the prophetic words saying -- What would God say about that! He gave me these -- NOT IN MY HOUSE.

Now, every time that someone says something negative, I come back with -- Not in my House!.

Most Christians speak the negative all the time. Just stop and listen to yourself someday and take note of what you're saying. It will amaze you.

So, if I hear a negative word about the swine flu, I say, Not In My House!
If a friend talks about things going wrong for them, I say, Not In My House! This house is J.C. positive! I want my positive control system to kick in and speak positive. If friends talk about the economy at how bad they think it is, I say -- Not in my house.

I speak blessings into everyone's life who reads this devotional. May it be a blessing to them and one they will act positively on. May they see a quick turn-around in their homes and on their jobs. May blessing run them down and over take them. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

#18 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

I have been so excited about the newspaper headlines lately that I just can't stand it. Two in one week. My God is so awesome. His Word is Truth and I'm so glad that the media and others who have predicted that we would be in this recession for a long long time were WRONG.

God has been saying for at least 6 months now that we were NOT in a recession that He had turned this thing around quickly. In my newspaper appeared an article that said -- The economist said we are no longer in a recession.

God gave a prophetic word concerning Ford Motor Co that it would be the one major automobile that would come out of this recession better off than they were going in. The newspaper has now confirmed that it is absolutely true. The headline reads -- Ford's $1Billion gain -- outlook brighter .....

God has said that we would have Thanksgiving this year that we would have so much to be thankful for and a Christmas that would be the best one we have had in many a year. God said He will do it because it will be a sign to those who believe that He is still God and still in control. Now all we have to do is BELIEVE and expect Him to do it.

Blessings to all.

#19 mbracht

mbracht

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

The Names of God

The names of God reveal His character and His nature.
El Shaddai -- Lord God Almighty
El Elyon -- The Most High God
Jehovah Nissi -- The Lord My Banner
Jehovah Rapha -- The Lord That Heals
Jehovah Shammah -- The Lord is There
Jehovah Tsidkenu -- The Lord Our Righteousness
Jehovah Mekoddishkem -- The Lord Who Sanctifies You
Jehovah Jireh -- The Lord Will Provide
Jehovah Shalom -- The Lord is Peace
Adonai -- Lord, Master
Yahweh -- Lord, Jehovah
Elohim -- Strength and Power
El -- God
Jehovah-Raah -- The Lord My Shepherd (Ps 23)
El Olam -- The Everlasting God (Gen 21:33)

Elohim (Elohay) is the first name for God found in the Bible (Gen1:1). It comes from the Hebrew root meaning of "Strength and Power".

These are the most familiar of the names of God. Tomorrow I'll share some that you may not have heard of before.

May God Bless you richly today.

#20 PlansForHope

PlansForHope

Helper

• Members
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Marsha,
Thanks for the awesome reminder today that we serve an amazing God; Who can and will do great things in our lives if we allow Him to!
God bless you for the encouraging devotional today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users