Hello from Kathy's Mother-in-Law!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

This is Joel and Kathy's mother-in-law. She is learning how to post here! Say "Hi"

Be sure to listen in and SPEAK UP and say "Hello" on Tuesday nights from 9 pm - 10 pm Eastern time as Elizabeth shares life, hope and positive living!  Dial 1-209-255-1000 and the pin number is 325230#

#2 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Hye again    This is me, not Joel now. He has helped me on my printer and computer stuff.     Hurrah!!!! Love

#3 MaryJane

MaryJane

Helper

• Helpers Group
  • 7,653 posts
  • LocationRural Manitoba, Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

It's great to see you here, Miss. Elizabeth! Come back soon!

#4 4evrHZdtr3

4evrHZdtr3

Helper

• Members
  • 2,275 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hello!  and Goodnight!  :)

#5 Looney_Tunes

Looney_Tunes

Believing God for Miracles in Marriages

• Members
  • 8,202 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hi! It's nice to see you here! :D

#6 diamondlady

diamondlady

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hello.  I look forward to meeting you in Oct when we come for the intensive.

#7 KathyandJoel

KathyandJoel

Author and Founder, Wife and Mom to 4, Friend and Pastor

• Administrators
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi "Kathy's Mother in-law" it's me Kathy. Welcome to the forum. We need to add a picture to your "name" above. :)

#8 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

BLESSING BOOMERANGS

By Elizabeth Jameison (Kathy's Mother-in-law!)

“Hang on baby!  Friday's coming!”  It  was printed on a large poster taped to my dining room wall.  A big monkey was hanging upside down from a tree branch.  I guess he was holding on waiting for Friday, whatever that meant!  I decided Friday must be very special so I waited with him for that great day.  A friend let me know that when my SHIP comes in I will be waiting at the AIRPORT!  It seems a big black cloud was hovering around me waiting to descend.

I remember my husband's grandmother  saying in disgust “My lands Davey, you married nothing but a doctor bill”  It looked like that certainly but life as a pastor's wife in the 50's was enough to turn  any young bride's  body, mind and spirit upside down and inside out.

That was a long time ago and believe me that life did not follow my  great plans.  It did not follow  PLAN A ......PLAN B......PLAN C...... .or any plan for that matter.........for alot of years!  Pardon my honestly but being the perfect pastor's wife brought me a humungas (big) case of ulcers!  I remember hearing  the doctors' conversation outside my hospital door where they both decided enthusiastically I was just another neurotic  housewife.  They got a surprize when test results were returned, yep huge ulcers.  Baby food, cottage cheese and milk are on the way

Well here were my plans:  A...graduate college  ...Northern Baptist College and Seminary which we called Northern Baptist College and Cemetary!     Done!

PLAN B   marry a pastor in the making (a pre ministerial student)     Done!

PLAN C   live happily ever after  with greatly talented smiling singing guitar playing  children and our whole big family  would just love to sing on church stages...whoops not working!

Plan D     cancel all of the above plans....life happened!

#9 MaryJane

MaryJane

Helper

• Helpers Group
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Oh, Miss Elizabeth! You've left us wanting MORE!

#10 KathyandJoel

KathyandJoel

• Administrators
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "KATHY'S MOTHER INLAW." (lol) 80 years YOUNG!

#11 ChooseLove

ChooseLove

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Happy 80th birthday Elizabeth and welcome officially to the forums!  I look forward to seeing and hearing what else you share.  God bless you and the family.

#12 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hy everybody,  Wow    I had a  wonderful birthday.  5 of the 6 (adult kids) came/  As usual Joel and Kathy were wonderful  at being host and hostess!!  It was so great to see the brothers and sisters connecting so well after  a long time of  being apart due to distances.  Everyone pitched in and helped (except me the old granny :oops: )!  I guess now that the 2 oldest  offspring now qualify as senior citizens  according to AARP I guess that makes me one too.  I saw headlines saying senior citizens are all very anxious these days.   Well personaly I refuse to join the anxious crowd.  In Jesus name I give thanks daily that I have all peace  in Him and I  plan to be peace and share peace wherever I go.  Remember what we send out we get back!  Lets do what the scriptures teach, think on the good stuff  and that is what comes back!   Love to all from K M   In  Law    Elizabeth    I hope to  chime in often.

#13 Looney_Tunes

Looney_Tunes

• Members
  • 8,202 posts
  • LocationNorthwest PA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I guess now that the 2 oldest  offspring now qualify as senior citizens  according to AARP I guess that makes me one too.

I don't know, Miss Elizabeth. My oldest daughter is 27, but I'm pretty sure I'm still 29! And you can't possibly be much older than I am! :D

#14 KathyandJoel

KathyandJoel

• Administrators
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Yes, her birthday turned out really well.  I am so happy how well it went.  It was really  great seeing some family members I have not seen in years and years.  Like Joel's neice, Eden.  I don't remember the last time I saw her.  Wow!  Joel's Lasagyna and Jess's Zuchini lasagyna was awesome.  Fellowship, cards and good food, can't go wrong there.  lol  

Well personaly I refuse to join the anxious crowd.  In Jesus name I give thanks daily that I have all peace  in Him and I  plan to be peace and share peace wherever I go.  Remember what we send out we get back!  Lets do what the scriptures teach, think on the good stuff  and that is what comes back!   Love to all from K M   In  Law    Elizabeth    I hope to  chime in often.

The Word of God says to be 'anxious" for nothing, casting all our cares on God.  That is not always easy, just necessary!  

Joel and I were reading in dr. caroline leaf's book, "My Brain," and she talks about how "Toxic thoughts" are very bad for the body and  we need to take captive every thought, cast it down so we can live a healthy and whole life.

Quote from her book:  "What are "toxic thoughts, and how are they different from healthy thoughts?  Toxic thoughts are thoughts that trigger negative and anxious emotions, which produce biochemicals that cause the body stress."

"The result of toxic thinking translates into  stress in your body, and this type of stress is far more than just a fleeting emotion.Stress is a global term for the extreme strain on your body's systems as a result of toxic thinking.  It harms the body and the mind in a multitude of ways from patchy memory to severe mental health, immune system problems, heart problems and digestive problems." 

"The surprising truth is that every single thought - whether it is positive or negative- goes through the same cycle when it forms.  Thoughts are basically electrical impulses, chemicals and neurons.  They look like a tree with branches.  As the thoughts grow and become permanent, more branches grow and the connections become stronger. As we change our thinking, some branches go away, new ones form, the strength of the connections change, and the memories network with other thoughts.  What an incredible capacity of the brain to change and rewire and grow!  

SPIRITUALLY, THIS IS RENEWING THE MIND!  " 

Elizabeth is a smart person.  She  has chosen the best thing.  She has chosen to "not join in " with those who choose to allow toxic thoughts to control their life.  

We need to follow Elizabeth, dr leaf and the Word of God in this path, of taking control of the "toxic thoughts" that creep in.  

It's kind of like, if someone comes to our front or even back door.  We should look out the little "peep hole" first and see who is there and IF we want to even open the door.  If it is someone who we don't know or recognize or sense is not a good person, then we definitely don't open, we tell them to "go away."  If ti is someone we know, love and care about, then we open the door.

so, the question is " Who are we letting into our thought life?"  

May I recommend this book.  Dr. Caroline Leaf "My Brain"

"Learn how "the Dirty Dozen" twelve areas of toxic thinking, can be swept away.  And uncover how healthy thoughts can actually start to improve every area of your life - relationships, your health and even your success. "

I, personally, am excited about reading this book.  I not only want to learn and grow for myself, but also to add to what we do already in helping couples/ men and women.

Blessings, Kathy
(Joel and Kathy) 

#15 Elizabeth

Elizabeth

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Good Morning, almost afternoon.   Thanks much to Kathy for the info about Dr. Leaf, an actual scientist  who really understands  the power that God has given us through our choice of  our thoughts.  Finally science is seeing what God has been seeing  all along!  Not only is  God behind  all this and in the middle  of it and the whole creator  of life transformation by the power of our thoughts, He has gen to us this gift.  Our part is accepting, believing and acting upon these principles.  It aint all easy folks!!  It takes our effort and commitment  to wipe out and get the old negatives healed, especially if they have been in us for a long time.  Believe me it is worth the whole hearted effort.   What more important thing could there be for us  to  bring into God healing  than  our own mind?   Whatever we think about all day long we are becoming!!!    It takes energy to think!  Why not put that energy into ideas that work towards God s  very best for us.  Choose today !           Please excuse errors in typing!  Love, love and more love!    

#16 MaryJane

MaryJane

Helper

• Helpers Group
  • 7,653 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Encouraging words of exhortation -- just what I like! Thank you, Miss. Elizabeth!

Edited by MaryJane, 18 February 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#17 ChooseLove

ChooseLove

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Good Morning, almost afternoon.   Thanks much to Kathy for the info about Dr. Leaf, an actual scientist  who really understands  the power that God has given us through our choice of  our thoughts.  Finally science is seeing what God has been seeing  all along!  Not only is  God behind  all this and in the middle  of it and the whole creator  of life transformation by the power of our thoughts, He has gen to us this gift.  Our part is accepting, believing and acting upon these principles.  It aint all easy folks!!  It takes our effort and commitment  to wipe out and get the old negatives healed, especially if they have been in us for a long time.  Believe me it is worth the whole hearted effort.   What more important thing could there be for us  to  bring into God healing  than  our own mind?   Whatever we think about all day long we are becoming!!!    It takes energy to think!  Why not put that energy into ideas that work towards God s  very best for us.  Choose today !           Please excuse errors in typing!  Love, love and more love!    

Thank you for sharing.  I needed this reminder.  It is about choice and I want to be positive for my beautiful bride and family.  I cast off the negative thoughts and behaviors in the name of Jesus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users