1 reply to this topic

#1 ChooseLove

ChooseLove

Believing God for Miracles in Marriages

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

I thought I would share resources that have encouraged me along my journey to becoming more Christlike.  I pray these bless and encourage you!

LinkedIn Groups
  • Group: Christian Professionals Worldwide
  • Subject: Announcement from Christian Professionals Worldwide-Become Steadfast and Immovable!

I Corinthians 15:58 is by far one of my favorite scriptures. It reads: "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." This is a powerful scripture for it points to a life altering truth--consistency based upon God inspired callings ultimately produces fruit. Putting it in a not so nice way, people who give up at the finish line will never win the race. If God has a plan for your life, a purpose you are looking to fulfill, you have to be immovable.

In my line of work, which I very much consider a ministry, I speak to and coach lots of people who have callings from God, purposes and dreams. What I find however is that some, not all, over time--get weary. They begin to waver in their faith the moment a real challenge or roadblock gets in the way. They question their purpose and begin to embrace self-doubt. Often, they look for support in this doubt from people who agree with them. Misery loves company so they get in cahoots with each other in their quest to be affirmed in their belief that they are not succeeding due to some external element. It’s the government, my family, my wife or husband--anything to find something or someone to blame. The immovable people see it another way. They continue down the pathway of hope because God has given them a clear picture of the business, ministry or specific purpose established in their heart. They see obstacles as temporary setbacks or even learning tools in their quest to fulfill their divine purpose. Immovable people succeed, because when others quit and give up, they press towards the mark of the prize of the high calling in Jesus Christ, as stated in Philippians 4.

As I typically like to offer, here are a few strategies for staying the course and becoming immovable:

Strategy 1--Become Accountable To Someone-The bible tells us that "Bad company corrupts good morals." If so, what does the opposite of this produce? We need good Godly people to be accountable to. People who will challenge and push us. People who will help us overcome interpersonal barriers that hold us back. I tell people I mentor and work with, “my job is not to make you comfortable. It is comfort that has you in the place you currently are. My job is to lovingly nudge you to do the work that God has assigned you so that you can fulfill the dream instead of spending your entire life talking about it.”

Strategy 2-Say NO!-Contrary to popular opinion, you cannot be a jack-of-all-trades and master of one. Can you imagine Jesus trying to be a basketball coach, volunteer to be a well watcher, help at the national association of camel owners and preach, teach and mentor all day (My attempt at humor.) He was focused, steadfast and immovable and did not take on all of the activities that were taking place during his generation. He knew why he was here and focused his energy on fulfilling his calling. You need to have a compelling yes in your life in order to make NO easy to say.

Strategy 3-Write The Vision-Habakkuk 2:2-If you take the time and discipline needed to write out a vision and plan, you will are well on your way to becoming immovable. Disciplined people run the world in which we live. We believers need to be disciplined, focused on on-point. In doing so, we position ourselves to become the people that shape world business, policy and academics. If not, we constantly find ourselves in a reactionary position that forces us to have to defend the faith. People should see our faith in action instead of just hearing our words telling them what we are going to do.

Enough said. I think we get the picture. Become steadfast and immovable and change the world in which we live. We need for you to do what you are called to do and be good at it--so that the light of God can shine through you. In doing so, the world can see the power of God not just in our words, but our deeds.
Posted By Darrell "Coach D" Andrews, CSP

#2 ChooseLove

ChooseLove

Believing God for Miracles in Marriages

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Faith Tabernacle                                         http://ft111.com

June 30, 2014

THE TRUMPET by BILL BURNS: 
Lift yourself up beyond the mundane, the carnal. Lift yourself up from the worry that is scattered over the whole earth. Lift yourself up into My presence, for I shall reveal things about who you are. We shall work together to bring you to the place that I have in mind for you and so that you can become an overcomer. Surely I am for you. Be who you have been called to be. Lift your head, square your shoulders and walk with Me. Today begin a new journey--start over. Release yourself from the past bondage and move into the light of this day with great expectation of that which I am about to do, and you will not be disappointed, says the Lord. 

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS:  
You are at a point of spiritual discovery.  If you will allow it, I will reveal greater depth and meaning in the truth of My Word.  However, you will need to yield to the moving of My Spirit and not stubbornly hang on to the traditions of men and the works of the flesh.  Open your heart and mind to receive revelation, says the Lord.  I am bringing you higher.  
Acts 26:16 'But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

Edited by ChooseLove, 30 June 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: devotion, encouragment, focus, determination, hope, faith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users